This two day tour takes you to The South Coast and Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon and back to Reykjavik. – With one night at hotel in SE part of Iceland (not included).
The south coast, with its many amazing sights i.e. volcanoes, glaciers, rivers, black sand beaches and waterfalls.
We will drive along the base of Eyjafjallajokull volcano.The first stop is at Skogafoss, a 62 m (203 ft) high waterfall. From there we head to Dyrholaey a 120 (394 ft) meters high headland extending into the sea and forming an impressive natural arch. We see Reynisdrangar, a collection of 66 m (216 ft) high rock pillars that rise out of the sea a few meters from the shore. The area has a rich birds nesting where you can explore the puffins, fulmars and guillemots in summer. We will stop for lunch break in Vik the Southernmost village before we head to Kirkjubaejarklaustur.
On the 2nd day we will show you glaciers, icebergs, black sandy beaches, Skaftafell National park and more.
Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon is without a doubt one of Iceland’s most breathtaking jewels originating in one of the world’s largest glacier – Vatnajökull. The Lagoons’ magic stems from its translucent Icebergs, in all shapes and colors, floating right past you. Optionallying of May to late September). It is ideal to walk along the lagoon toward the “diamond beach” and, with a little luck, spot some seals. Jokulsarlon glacier lagoon is a unique place for its pristine beauty and is highly appreciated by filmmakers and photographers from around the globe.
MEAL -not included, but we’ll stop for lunch and dinner break.
ACCOMMODATION -not included, but we can reserve it for you.
TWO DAY TOUR – The South Coast and Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon and back to Reykjavik. – Overnight stay at a hotel in SE part of Iceland (not included).
HOTEL – not included, but we can arrange accommodation for you.
MEAL – not included, but we’ll stop for lunch and dinner break.
(1-7 passengers per vehicle, 1-5 for comfort)
- Glaciers and Glacier Lagoons
- Black sand beaches
- Floating Icebergs
Additional activities at extra cost:
- Snowmobile tour on Myrdalsjokull glacier price ISK 26.990 per person if two persons are on a vehicle and 36.990 for a solo ride. Duration 1 hour.
- Glacier walk on Myrdalsjokull, price: ISK 9.900 per person. Duration 2,5 hours.
- ATV/QUAD tours on Solheimasandur sand. Price ISK 18.990 per person if two persons are on a vehicle and 28.990 for a solo ride. Duration 1 hour.
- Ice Cave Tour in Vatnajokull glacier (only in winter from mid November – mid March)
- Price for a private 2 day trip: ISK 350.000.
- (1-7 passengers per vehicle, 1-5 for comfort)
- (price from ISK 50.057 per person for 2 day trip)